Regional Initivatives Grant Program
Texas Women in Higher Education (TWHE) will award grants for up to $500 for regional initiatives, such as programs, networking events, and speakers, which involve women in higher education. It is preferred that these events involve more than one institution in the region, but that is not required.
To be eligible for grant funding, the program or event must support the mission of Texas Women in Higher Education to advance women who hold or aspire to leadership roles in higher education. In addition, the program or event should address at least one of TWHE’s strategicpriorities listed below.
- 1. Provide professional development, networking, and advocacy for women holding or aspiring to leadership positions in higher education.
- 2. Empower women to take advantage of opportunities for advancement and professional growth.
- 3. Promote women’s involvement in local, state, and national leadership development opportunities.
- 4. Recognize women leaders and celebrate their contributions to higher education.
- 5. Engage leaders in supporting the mission and strategic priorities of TWHE.
Application and Award Process
Applications must be submitted on the TWHE Regional Initiatives Grant Application Form. Grants will be awarded in the order in which they are received. Applications must be submitted no later than 30 days prior to the program or event. Funds will be awarded after the program or event unless otherwise agreed upon.
Individuals may request up to $500 each calendar year. Once TWHE’s annual allocation of funds for grants is exhausted, no additional grants will be awarded that calendar year.
In order to share good practices and promote regional events, grant recipients may be asked to share their events or programs at the TWHE Annual Conference (usually held in late March or early April).
TWHE reserves the right to make changes in this application and award process at its discretion and without notice.
TWHE offers a Regional Grant Program in which organizers of regional meetings can apply for grants up to $500 to cover meeting expenses.
Download the Regional Initiatives Grant application.
Leadership Development Grant
Are you an emerging leader? Interested in advancing your leadership skills?
There’s still time to apply for the Texas Women in Higher Education Leadership Development Grant. The deadline is Wednesday, August 31st, 2022 at 5:00 pm.
TWHE leadership development grants are designed to support women in higher education in Texas as they pursue opportunities for advancement and professional growth. Women at higher education institutions across Texas are encouraged to consider a professional development project that will lead to career advancement. Grant awardees will meet virtually in October 2022 and Feburary 2023 to provide status updates and provide support to each other to help them complete a project. Recipients are recognized in various TWHE communications (such as LinkedIn) and report on their projects at a subsequent TWHE annual conference. All women are invited to apply.
Up to 10 grant recipients will:
- Complete projects designed to advance professional goals and growth.
- Meet at the 2023 annual conference to discuss professional growth projects and network with TWHE board members and other grant recipients.
- Receive free conference registration and reimbursement up to $500 for expenses associated with attending the 2023 TWHE annual conference.
- Provide a summary of completed projects for dissemination to TWHE membership.
Applications will be assessed on four criteria:
- Overall quality of application (completeness, clarity).
- Candidate’s desire to grow professionally in light of the American Council of Education’s Moving the Needle Initiative and TWHE’s vision to transform higher education leadership in Texas and beyond.
- Candidate’s proposed project and expected outcomes.
- Feasibility of proposed project.
Applications for the 2022 TWHE Leadership Development grants are due Wednesday, August 31st, 2022 at 5:00 pm. NOTE: A limited number of grants are available.
Download the Leadership Development Grant application.
TWHE Announces the 2023 Leadership Development Grant Recipients
Texas Women in Higher Education (TWHE) has announced the recipients of their 2023 Leadership Development Grant, give to only four women state-wide. TWHE leadership development grants are designed to support women in higher education in Texas as they pursue opportunities for advancement and professional growth. Recipients will each pursue individual projects that will support their goals, then will attend the TWHE conference in Denton Texas in March 2023. The recipients are Rebecca Morrow, Ph.D., Tarleton State University; Heidi Rushing, M.A., Austin College; Tammie Williams, DNP, MSN, APRN, FNP-BC, CNE, Texas Christian University; and Qinghua Yang, Ph.D., Texas Christian University.
View the press release regarding the 2023 TWHE Leadership Development Grant recipients.