Texas Women in Higher Education (TWHE) is dedicated to developing, advancing, and supporting women employed at colleges and universities across the state of Texas. Unlike organizations focused on one area of responsibility, TWHE serves women in all sectors of higher education—public and private, university and community college—working in all areas of their institutions.
TWHE, the American Council on Education (ACE) Women’s Network state organization for Texas, focuses on equity and moving the needle for women in higher education leadership roles. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and higher education as a whole. TWHE offers opportunities for development, collaboration, and support with the goal of helping women succeed and advance in their careers. We value excellence in all that we do and look for ways to celebrate our members’ successes.
TWHE has been active since 2007 and is led by a board of women leaders representing public and private higher education across the state. The annual conference, which several hundred women attend each year, is the signature event of the organization.
Texas Women in Higher Education’s vision, mission, values, and strategic priorities support this purpose.
Texas Women in Higher Education transforms higher education leadership in Texas and beyond.
Texas Women in Higher Education advances women who hold aspire to leadership roles in higher education.
- Improve our effectiveness at achieving our vision and mission
- Provide professional development, networking, and advocacy for women holding or aspiring to leadership positions in higher education
- Empower women to take advantage of opportunities for advancement and professional growth
- Promote women's involvement in local, state, and national leadership development opportunities
- Recognize women leaders and celebrate their contributions to higher education
- Engage leaders in supporting the mission and strategic priorities of TWHE