Texas Women in Higher Education Regional Initiatives Grant Program
Texas Women in Higher Education hosts regional meetings across the state to connect women and create opportunities for professional development. Regional meetings are typically coordinated by TWHE members from two or three colleges and universities in close proximity. TWHE supports regional meetings by providing speakers, programs, and access to TWHE promotional and social media outlets.
TWHE offers a Regional Grant Program in which organizers of regional meetings can apply for grants up to $500 to cover meeting expenses. For more information on the Regional Grant Program, contact Dr. Cissy Matthews at firstname.lastname@example.org. To download the grant application, click here.
To be eligible for grant funding, the program or event must support the mission of Texas Women in Higher Education to advance women who hold or aspire to leadership roles in higher education. In addition, the program or event should address at least one of TWHE’s strategic priorities listed below.
- Provide professional development, networking, and advocacy for women holding or aspiring to leadership positions in higher education.
- Empower women to take advantage of opportunities for advancement and professional growth.
- Promote women’s involvement in local, state, and national leadership development opportunities.
- Recognize women leaders and celebrate their contributions to higher education.
- Engage leaders in supporting the mission and strategic priorities of TWHE.
Applications must be submitted on the TWHE Regional Initiatives Grant Application Form. Grants will be awarded in the order in which they are received. Applications must be submitted no later than 30 days prior to the program or event. Funds will be awarded after the program event, unless otherwise agreed upon.
Individuals may request up to $500 each calendar year. Once TWHE’s annual allocation of funds for grants is exhausted no additional grants will be awarded that calendar year. In order to share good practices and promote regional events, grant recipients may be asked to share their events or programs at the annual TWHE Annual Conference.
TWHE reserves the right to make changes in this application and award process at its discretion and without notice.
Texas Women in Higher Education Leadership Development Grant
Are you an emerging leader? Interested in advancing your leadership skills?
There’s still time to apply for the Texas Women in Higher Education Leadership Development Grant. The deadline is March 1, 2020.
TWHE leadership development grants are designed to support women in higher education in Texas as they pursue opportunities for advancement and professional growth. The grant program utilizes a cohort and mentoring approach to help recipients complete a project designed to advance their professional goals. Recipients are recognized in various TWHE communications and report on their projects at a subsequent TWHE annual conference. All women are invited to apply.
Up to 10 grant recipients will:
- With support from TWHE mentors, complete projects designed to advance professional goals and growth
- Meet at the 2020 annual conference to discuss professional growth projects and network with TWHE board members and other grant recipients
- Receive reimbursement up to $500 for expenses associated with attending the 2020 TWHE annual conference
- Provide a summary of completed projects for dissemination to TWHE membership
Applications will be assessed on four criteria:
- Overall quality of application (completeness, clarity)
- Candidate’s desire to grow professionally in light of TWHE’s vision to transform higher education leadership in Texas and beyond
- Candidate’s proposed project and expected outcomes
- Feasibility of proposed project
Applications for the 2020 TWHE Leadership Development grants are due March 1, 2020.
Contact Abigail Tilton with questions.