Please consider nominating someone you know to recognize the great work they are doing in TWHE and higher education in Texas.
The deadline for submitting nominations with documentation is February 15, 2019. The awards will be presented at the TWHE 2019 conference held April 7-9, 2019 in San Antonio, Texas.
- Institutional Representative (IR) of the Year Award – Designed to recognize a member and her outstanding contributions to TWHE through fulfillment of her role of IR. Factors that will be considered are how she:
- Connects with women on her campus
- Enhances the profile of women on her campus
- Promotes relevant communication on her campus
- Participates in and communicates with TWHE
Application includes a nomination form addressing the four criteria listed above.
- Emerging Leader Award – Designed to recognize an early career professional who has given of her time, energy and creativity to enhance TWHE at a local or state level. Factors that will be considered are how she:
- Participates in annual conference
- Shows capacity for leadership on her campus and within TWHE. Examples could include playing a crucial role in a regional workshop, presenting at the annual conference and advocating for TWHE on her campus
- Nomination should include specific examples of contribution or leadership to TWHE at institutional or state level
Application includes a nomination form addressing the criteria list above.
- Contribution to TWHE Award– Designed to recognize a member and her outstanding contributions to TWHE. Factors that will be considered are how she:
- Embodies the mission and vision of TWHE
- Substantially contributes to the American Council on Education’s Moving the Needle: Advancing Women in Higher Education Leadership Examples of this include:
- Leading a program or research project that focuses on the need for advancing women in higher education leadership positions
- Identifying and pursing methods and practices of recruiting and hiring women to senior executive offices
- Building capacities in women and in institutions
- Developing, practicing and/or providing leadership models that recognize success in advancing women in higher education
- Serves as an example for women in higher education in Texas
- Believes in the mission of TWHE and promotes involvement in the organization at the institutional and state level
Recipient of this award will serve as TWHE’s nominee for the American Council on Education’s Donna Shavlik Award, which honors an individual who demonstrates a sustained commitment to advancing women in higher education.
Application includes a nomination form addressing the criteria listed above.