2016 STATE CONFERENCE
NAVIGATING UNCHARTED SEAS
APRIL 3-5 IN CORPUS CHRISTI
Don’t miss this opportunity for professional development and networking! The theme for this year’s conference is “Navigating Uncharted Seas” and will feature keynote speakers, concurrent sessions and a reception in the Beautiful Art Museum of South Texas.
The main conference begins on Monday, April 4 at 10:00 a.m., and concludes on Tuesday, April 5, at 1:30 p.m. The TWHE Board will meet at 3 p.m. on Sunday, April 3. The Board meeting will be followed by a dinner and meeting at 6:30 p.m. for Institutional Representatives. All who have arrived early for the conference are welcome to attend. There will be an additional charge for this event.
Conference registration cost – $175 through March 14, 2016
Registration fee increases to $200 beginning March 15, including for on-site registration.
Although late and on-site registration will be possible, we encourage you to register by the March 14 deadline to take advantage of the lower cost. TWHE is grateful to Texas State University for providing conference registration services.
TWHE CONFERENCE REGISTRATION REFUND POLICY:
Cancellation requests must be made in writing and received by Texas State University by Monday, March 14, 2016, and are subject to a $25 cancellation fee. (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cancellation requests received after March 14, 2016, and no-shows are not eligible for refund. Refunds will be issued within 45 days of the conference’s conclusion.
CONFERENCE FACILITIES INFORMATION
The conference will be held at the Omni Corpus Christi Hotel, located in the lively downtown Marina District. The Omni Corpus Christi offers newly renovated rooms with spectacular views of Corpus Christi bay and proximity to the Sports, Entertainment, and Arts (SEA) district, as well as dining opportunities casual to elegant.
A block of rooms is reserved at the Omni Hotel at the state rate of $105 per night for single occupancy. Register here by Monday, March 14th and mention “Texas Women in Higher Education” when booking to obtain this special rate and ensure a room.
Click here to view a detailed schedule (details still subject to updates).
Sunday, April 3, 2016
4:00 – 6:00 p.m. TWHE Board Meeting
6:30 – 8:00 p.m. Institutional Representative and Board Member Meeting and Dinner
8:00 – 10:00 p.m. Networking
Monday, April 4, 2016
10:00 – 11:30 a.m. Welcome and General Session with Keynote Speaker Leah Jackson Teague, “Moving the Needle”
11:30 – 12:30 p.m. Lunch and Interactive Session with Leah Jackson Teague
12:45 – 2:00 p.m. Concurrent Sessions
- Session 1 – Navigating the Issues: Case Studies of Leadership in Higher Education – Academic Focus
- Session 2 – Navigating the Literature: Provocative and Important Books
- Session 3 – Navigating the Path to Leadership
- Session 4 – Navigating the Role of the Madrina
2:00 – 2:30 p.m. Break and Networking
2:30 – 3:45 p.m. Concurrent Sessions
- Session 1 – Navigating the Issues: Case Studies of Leadership in Higher Education – Student Affairs
- Session 2 – Navigating the Politics: Working Successfully with Board Members and Elected Officials
- Session 3 – Navigating the Money
- Session 4 – Navigating Gender Communications: Speaking While Female
- Session 5 – Navigating Organizational Culture and Climate Perceptions to Career Advancement for Mid-level Women of Color
4:00 – 5:00 p.m. General Session with Cynthia Teniente-Matson, President, Texas A&M University – San Antonio
5:30 – 7:00 p.m. Reception at Art Museum of South Texas
7:00 p.m. Dinner on your own
Tuesday, April 5, 2016
6:15 a.m. Tai Chi Demonstration and Participation
8:30 – 9:00 a.m. Breakfast
9:00 – 10:30 a.m. General Session: HerStories
10:45 – 11:45 a.m. Concurrent Sessions
- Session 1 – Navigating Public Affairs: Who am I Today?
- Session 2 – Navigating Decision-Making with the Data Divas
- Session 3 – Navigating Accreditation: Demystifying SACSCOC
- Session 4 – Navigating the Work-Life Balance
12:00 – 1:15 p.m. Lunch and Closing Session with Keynote Speaker